HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

S/charged V6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUPALJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: S/charged V6 Reply with quote

Ok Ive seen on this site posts about V6 commonwhore motors into Gemmys, Anyone thought of a supercharged V6 coupe or wagon I reckon that would fly VX is 175kw! Also can you tub or minitub a gemmy with the standard fuel tank?
SUPALJ
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: S/charged V6 Reply with quote

*holds gun to head*
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: S/charged V6 Reply with quote

lol
SUPALJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: S/charged V6 Reply with quote

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!! Only joking just why the gun to the head. I was just asking a question on what people think about this idea. I am considering doing this in the Geminis older brother LJ Torana coupe(hence the name) and thought in a gemmy this would turn heads!
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: S/charged V6 Reply with quote

my mate has a huge charger on his warm 202 it goes pretty nice and thats in a lc torry.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: S/charged V6 Reply with quote

gene i have spoken to you about this befor. i realy hope it isnt your head you are aming the gun at.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: S/charged V6 Reply with quote

There's a guy in Murray Bridge who is putting the finishing touches on a 3.8L V6 supercharged TE Gemini panelvan.

He's used a VN engine (probably for cost rather than durability - the later VP and Ecotec engines are generally better for a variety of reasons), fitted an aftermarket supercharger and backed it up with a TH700 auto.

Among the important things to consider are the front brakes, which will need to be larger and ventilated. You'll also need rear disc brakes. Easiest (comparitively) is to perhaps have an entire Commodore rear end shortened and installed. Not cheap or easy, but probably more straightforward than grafting brakes onto the current rear end. Not to mention the fact that you'll be turning torque tubes into Twisties with a blown V6 attached to the standard rear end.

I've heard the trans hump is OK for a Commodore 5 speed manual, although you do need a new shifter hole.

You'll need a bigger radiator too. Gemini diesel is probably the easiest one - they're a lot bigger and they slot straight in. Get it recored into a 3-core though. Any large radiator will do the job, but that's probably the easiest to bung in there.

Oh yeah, and consult an engineer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: