HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gem in the race gallery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazda gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

the gemini in the race gallery , the purple one, the one with the TUFGEM is mine..finally that joe bloke fixed it up as he put somoe elses car as mine but now its fixed...there you go ..for anyone wanting pics of my car and what my work looks like,,,there you go...Steve...0421 646 875
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

*bows down to you* hoooooooooow pretty is that thing!
mazda gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

its a rotary tubo and its cheap to do if you know how to get parts cheap and if your mechanically minded... it only cost me $4500 from start to finish..thats with buying it too...
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

you mean the whole car cost $4500?? fark
Michelle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

WOW!! ill have one for that price please Smile
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

how did u do the crossmember? and the box, is it shorter than a series 4/5? I reason i ask is that i have just fitted a 13pp to my coupe and it took a whole lotta work to get it in the right spot, it seems there is a million different ways to fit a rotor to a gem.
cheers
mazda gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

its easy, the series 4/5 you have to change the back of the gearbox (the part where the gear stick goes, to a shorter one) that might have been the reason why it was hard. i'll be doing another one in about 3 months.. just getting the bits together now, its easier to get all the bits THEN start it..ive spent about $6800 so far, so yes its going to go and look better than the other one..still going to be a rotary turbo....can't get quicker than that...
when i get a digital camera going i'll get that joe bloke to post them in the gallery...
Have fun man..
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

my mate who just bought TUFGEM wants to know what seals you put in it, and is the turbo high flowed? who built the engine?

thanks
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

yeah we shortened the shifter and linkages by 130mm and the stick is just ahead of the handbrake in a far better position than stock. I also had to convert to hydralic clutch (welded in the mount off the rx7) as my clutch would break cables very quickly. basically the oil filter is 10mm from the firewall and the motor is very low (we turned the sump around) as i plan to hillclimb/circuit race this car. The upside is i have tons of room infront for the series 4 radiator& oil cooler as well as more space for a intercooler (without hacking the bumper/grille up) when i go 13bt in the future.(not technically legal on QLD but there are ways around. send some pics of the engine bay my way when u can man. i have tons of mine and don't mind sharing the info!
cheers
mazda gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: gem in the race gallery Reply with quote

rust3 whats his number ?.. i'll give him a call...0421646875...Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: