HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help flywheel, clutch, gearbox question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldn
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: help flywheel, clutch, gearbox question. Reply with quote

senario:

brought a auto isuzu 4zc1 ( Piazza 2L EFI turbo engine ) I am putting the engine into one of my gemini's.

I have a 5spd manual gemini gear box that bolts up to the engine.

BUT i have no flywheel and gemini ones dont fit.

I will be getting a custom clutch made.

Does anyone know what flywheel i can use and if the gemini gear box will still bolt up to the engine if i use a different flywheel??? what will i have to do in regards to fitting all of it together... e.g engine to flywheel to clutch to gearbox.

any help is appreciated as i am stuck on this.....
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: help flywheel, clutch, gearbox question. Reply with quote

im not 100% sure but i think 2.6 rodeo fly wheels bolt up, but dont take my word for it. you might have to ring around and see if anyone knoes.

if the 2.6 one does bolt up, you will have to use a rodeo clutch with a custom centre spline the same as a standard gemini spline. then a rodeo pressure plate, with custom lengthened diaphragm fingers to suit the gemini release bearing.

providing you do all this, the box will bolt straight on

p.s drill out the hole on top of the box (the one that the dowel ontop of the block slides into) makes life alot easier
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: help flywheel, clutch, gearbox question. Reply with quote

the 2.6 rodeo engine is called a 4ze1 just incase you wanted to know.

if i were you, i would go and order a 4cz1 AND a 4ze1 flywheel plate (not the whole flywheel, just the round plates that goes in betwwen the bolts and flywheel)
if the holes are the same, then the 2.6 (4ze1) flywheel will bolt on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: