HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

Just wondering if it is possible to convert the stock RB engine with the 1990 Mazda 626 2.2 Litre engine? My mum has 1 and it has balls! Just wondering if that is possible? Would take alot of stuffing around but i am sure it would be worth it!

Cheers
TuFf
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

There is always stuffing around in engine conversions, especially ones that aren't bolt-in.

If you wanna haul fast in an RB, look into getting an import engine - they came with all kinds of fast shit in Japan and the basic RB platform was the basis of more than one model, unlike here in Australia when it was replaced by the Pulsar-based Astra sedan.

Twin-cams, turbos, even AWD. Look into it.

Or buy a 626. Those 2.2s went OK. The 2.5 V6 in the model after went heaps better! Of course, they leak oil out of their rocker cover gaskets like nothing on earth, but you know...
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

the 626 engine might be a bit of a tight squeeze though. I want it to haul arse!

Cheers
TuFf
NATHMAN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

i reckon that shit that guy was sayin bout the imported jt otor components on the rb block wid a turbo and watever u want it sounds like a weopen think bout it fuel injected plus power gain then the skys the limit 93kw and beyond that would go hard my dads excel is 83kw and it whoops vl's arses on a regular basis
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

u thought about the 2.2 turbo out of the mx6? some of the toyota engines might go good too, like a 4agze or something.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

I need a small enough engine to fit in the engine bay but i want 1 with alot of power... on a budget... i think i am in trouble lol

Cheers
TuFf
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

buy a real gemini and get the best of both worlds
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

Nah.. Why be like everyone else? I want something different..

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

simple- on a budget? grab a 4xc1t from sss automotive for $1200 and bolt that in

got a bit more cash? grab a 4xe1t from the same place for even less, bolt it in, convert to efi, bigger brakes and 82 extra kw over stock without mods, higher boost etc

cheers,
justin
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

Then she will be Fully Sik! lol Why is the 4xe1t cheaper than the 4xc1t?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

n.f.i mate, i couldnt figure that out either, rest assured itll cost more to put in!
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

mums hired mums
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

I emailed a Isuzu Import company and they said i can get a 4XE1T in 2wd but i will have traction problems because they have 180HP. I can get them in either 12 Valve or 8.

Cheers
TuFf
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

just throw some fats on the front, she'll be right!!
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini - Mazda Conversion Reply with quote

would look weird..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: