HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I really need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
81_TE_gem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: I really need some help Reply with quote

Well a couple of days i go me and my mate(mostly my mate) degreased the engine we covered everythin up that needed to be covered up, and then we put all the leads back on the distributor and so on, tehn we went to turn it over and it would fire up just rotated, then i changed the leads around the distributor to see if that changed anythin but it didnt. Then this morning i went to start and backfired real loud as backfires do. DO any of ya know wat it could be i really need help. Could it be timing?
Cheers
nerd
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I really need some help Reply with quote

sounds like you got your leads wrong. The fireing order is 1,3,4,2 1 is the closest to the frount of the car. If you rotate the engin by hand so that the timing mark is in line with 0 and take your distrbutor cap off the contact that the rotor lines up with is where lead one gose, then all the rest follow in an anti-clock wise direction.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I really need some help Reply with quote

yeah u would have put the dizzy in the wrong way. just change the leads around or just spin your dizzy 180 degrees
SOBIL
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I really need some help Reply with quote

good trick to clean out your carbi. don't do it to nothing but a shitter as it tends to kill seals after a while. switch 1-4 and crank full throttle without aircleaner for about a short period.(this loosens a lot of shit in the carbi. Follow with liberal amounts of carbi clean. Swap your leads back and crank @ full throttle, hold revs up for a while. Bit butcherous but works a treat.

to really clean out upper cylinder:
Run car at say 3000-4000, with a hose just dripping, drop say 4-5 drops down the carbi and keep the revs up. (note: make sure you only but a few drops or you'll hydraulic oh and keep car running for 5 mins after).
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: I really need some help Reply with quote

Nah mate's!
i had the same problem with my gemmi.. i pulled the leads outa my distributor too clean them...
and when i put them back in she wouldnt kick over.
thats where i realised the cords have too be in the same hole thay came out off or ur going too get backfireing and the rest off it...

thats where i had too do some research on wat when where!

I know that 4 is always opposite too 1 on the distributor.
which means 3 and 2 are oppisite too eachother.
number 1 hole is too closest too the front bumper bar (usually)
Than next in anti clockwise sequence is 3 than 4 which is opposite 1 than number 2 which is the right hole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: