HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FWD RB power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: FWD RB power Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any power mods for the RB engine?

How many other people on this site got RBs. Also if anyone’s got a RB holden workshop manual I'll gladly pay for a photocopy.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

try the engine from the factory turbo rb; bout $1200 from places like sss automotive and a relatively easy fit; i have one and am looking at doing the same thing
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

theres me, tuFf, peteymate, rbs r rbs, and that guy who got banned a couple of days ago who have rbs
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

I have a RB(Mum Drives It). It had standard 56kw(PULP Motor), I had it rebuilt and The followin was done: Balanced Crank,Rods,Pistons,Piazza Valves,Slight Port Work. And Now its 93Kw @ the engine and now revs to 9000rpm(7500rpm Stock).
And I have a Isuzu/Holden Workshop Manual, But some stuff isn't the same as Aussie Delivered RB. E.G: Exhaust,Gearbox,Engines(1 manual for Super and PULP Engines)
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

93 Kw from 56Kw is a big improvement!!!! How much did the whole mod cost?

I also am thinking of putting a higher performance carby on. I have done a search though the only carby conversions are for the older gems with the 1.6 lt engine.

Also where did u get the workshop manual from??? I want to buy one seeing I’m not quite confident enough to pull an engine apart from fear of rooting it.

My RB is getting re-painted so I hope to get some pictures on when its finished.
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

The rebuild cost $2000.
And my RB is Injected(Last of the Aus. RB were EFI)
I bought my Workshop Manual from some Bloke that sells them. I got 2 Manuals for $100, Sold 1 to a Mate for $50
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

the 93kw dyno proven? not trying to sound like a sceptic, but thats a helluva power increase. could i get a photocopy of the workshop manual? ill pay for the labour and postage and shit.

cheers,
justin
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

Yeah, It has been Dyno Proven. Injection makes a Hell of alot of Difference.
And with the Work Shop Manual, Its 15 Books in a Folder(a Book For each Section eg. Engine,Transmission, Blah, Blah)
I'll see if the book can be take out of the Folder. If its anything like the Piazza One, It will a Cunt to get out
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

if you see an injection setup for sale anywhere/ efi gem being wrecked etc etc give me a yell!
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: FWD RB power Reply with quote

Last Time I went EKW in Melbourne(Where I live) They had a EFI setup, Not sure if its 12 Valve like mine(Yes 12 not 8. Off JT190 and JT191 1.5 engine). But I don't think anyone would have bought it due to HolJap(Holden/Isuzu Section of EKW) knew what it is off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: