HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Remote linkage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thirsty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Remote linkage Reply with quote

I just finished fitting a Jackaroo remote linkage to a gem 4 speed...I foung the 3-4 change had the unlikely but possible occurence of getting reverse if one was not careful with the change. I machined a small brass rubbing block to fit in the slot over one of the small outriggers on the ball in the change lever. It sits in the slot, screwed to the top plate above the left side one if viewed from the rear. This makes the outrigger push on the spring in the linkage box and stops the accidental selection of reverse.
Thirsty
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote linkage Reply with quote

what if anything did you do for the shifter surround in the car? I have a remote shifter on my DOHC gearbox, which will be in my car in a few months, but I don't want to have the gear stick just coming through the floor, I want to have some sort of a surround for it or something
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote linkage Reply with quote

Depends on how far back the stick comes through the floor.
In my original Coupe I put a ZZ/Z shifter. At the time a mate was wrecking an early Galant. A tape measure revealed a very close fit of the Galant centre console with a little modification.

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: