HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

conversions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: conversions Reply with quote

Hi,
I just purchased a 13bt to replace my g200. Does anyone know i descent and reasonably priced place that can put it in?? (im in qld) thanks!
GEM4PLAY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: conversions Reply with quote

LAST TIME I CHECKED THAT WASN'T A LEGAL CONVERSION, O'WELL.
MY BRO IS IN THE PROCESS OF PUTTING THAT SAME ENGINE IN HIS TG.

ABOUT $3000 WILL GET YOU THE ENGINE IN WITH CUSTOM ENGINE MOUNTS, EXHAUST MANIFOLD, SUMP, GEAR BOX MOUNTS, GEARBOX TUNNEL CHOP AND WELD TO ACCOMODATE THE 13B GEARBOX.

NOTE: NO DUMP PIPE

NOTE: THE ENGINE SITS ALMOST BEHIND THE CROSSMEMBER GIVING A LOT BETTER WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION AND HEAPS OF ROOM FOR THERMO FAN.

EMAIL ME @ AMARMENT@HOTMAIL.COM FOR THE PHONE NUMBER IF INTERESTED.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: conversions Reply with quote

it is legal in qld as long as u keep it n/a (ie port it!) 12a turbo is the biggest capacity u can have if u want forced induction. By the way if u have money u can put whatever u like in it! But it then becomes a kit car and u have to go through epa tests and the like. I have seen many rotor conversions in magazines and other places and they haven't been done very well, as for "off the shelf" cross members they are overpriced crap, better to go with a custom job. I have just put a 13b pp into my gem and it was a lot of work to do it right. Widened the tunnel, chopped & boxed the top to clear the clutch slave, custom crossmember, converted the clutch to hydralic, custom gearbox mounts, shortened the shifter linkages to bring the shifter further forward, shoehorned a series 4 turbo radiator. the motor sits very far back ( the oil filter is 10mm from the firewall. This has allowed me to fit the radiator back and the oil cooler as well. There is enough room in front of this to put in a decent sized intercooler when i change to a turbo down the track! if u wanna see the car the isuzu motorsports club is having a free show 'n' shine in may up here on the sunshine coast, stay tuned
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: conversions Reply with quote

thanks for your reply, I don't actually own a gemini, instead it's a 1984 holden rodeo ute (which comes with the g200 and 5 spd) so it is ok for me to put a 13bt in it. I got quoted around $1500 to get it put in by the gemini shop in brisbane, which is the cheapest so far. All the other places quote around $3000. I don't need a show condition job so as long as it gets in there i don't care
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: conversions Reply with quote

commercial vehicle! u can do what u want! i would stick in a 20b! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: