HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Is rust defectable in SA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waterboy
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Is rust defectable in SA Reply with quote

Hey people
My car is still on defect till 28th and i've been tring to find a decent rust repairer in Adelaide. It's coming up for inspection for a carby-weber and bonnet scoope which i've fixed, but there's little patches of rust they might defect me for.
Does anyone know a cheap decent rust repairer and know if it is defectable????

The rust is:
Engine bay side panel (BAD rust)
Spare tyre slot for a panelvan (BAD)
Little patches on the floor
rear panel where the toe bar joins
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Is rust defectable in SA Reply with quote

duck tap over it Very Happy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is rust defectable in SA Reply with quote

Yes it is defectable specially the side ones in the engine bay as that is a structual point and a big job to fix but if you can just do a quik fix to get it passed but not like gene said cos they use a screwdriver to check the problem ereas..

cheers
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is rust defectable in SA Reply with quote

All the spots you describe are defectable. Steve at Just Geminis repairs rust no worries and Regency know his work. (It's not uncommon for them to ask if it was done at Just Gemini's) You can contact him at the workshop on 82587722.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Is rust defectable in SA Reply with quote

I guess the question is:

Do you want it done cheap?

or

Do you want it done right?

Steve is fairly good at getting Geminis off defects, and I'm sure he's done those panels near the bonnet hinges so many times, he can do them asleep with his hands tied behinds his back and a pitbull on his balls.

There's a fair bit of fabrication to be done in those two small areas along.

For the floor, you can get cut'n'shut floor pressings from Rare Spares (or the online shop banner at the top of the webpage) and they're moulded to the original shape of the floor with all the ridges and bumps and shit.

The rear floor where the wheel goes - well, that's more fabrication from scratch. And so on and so on.

But get it all cut out and you'll never EVER want to sell you Gemini because you would have spent so many dollars on it, you know you'll never get any where near the same amount back.

But that's not what it's all about....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: