HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help me guys gemini queeries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rb man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

ive just gotten my learners permit im after a car a gemini is my prefered choice my old man had a lot of te/tf he had a tg from new ive found a nice rb we dont know much about them does anyone now wat there like are they a good first car is there any probs wid this certan model its a 1987 rb sl it is the only car made to run unleaded in the gem range
td gem now tg gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

go a rwd gemmi.
if it has an alloy head it will run on unleaded too.
cheers
dave
rb man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

yer rwd gems are good but there real hard to find widout rust then if u do the dash has a huge axe wound down the guts so u gotta reaf that out and put on outa a later model in it and they ask more for em and half of em are shit boxs
rb man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

yer rwd gems are good but there real hard to find widout rust then if u do the dash has a huge axe wound down the guts so u gotta reaf that out and put on outa a later model in it and they ask more for em and half of em are shit boxs
rb man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

I have a Rb Gemini. Its a 1985 model SLX. It has SLE 14" wheels and a sports exhaust. It is a ok first car. Be different. Get a RB. In the end the choice is yours.

Cheers
TuFf
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

RBs are PROBABLY a fine car for tootling from A to B.

But what are you gonna do with it? Go from A to B? Or go from A to B in STYLE!

Yes, RWD Geminis are fucking dreadful for rust, there aren't a lot of good one about and they usually need some dash doctoring (although I'd suggest getting the standard dash reskinned rather than putting in a later TF-TG dash, unless it's a TF TG you're in) but they're great fun to fang, are cheap to fix and can pull a burnout!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

yeah go against the grain. being fwd itll be a bit heavy on the front tires, plus make sure you keep a good eye on your timing belt but other than that theyre pretty reliable; mines just clocked up 215,000 on the original engine and still going strong
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

if u have a rwd gemi with an alloy head (tx-tg)... it don't idle as well and lacks power if u run it on unleaded compared to leaded. u will eventually fuck your engine.

chris...
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

i think u should go with a rwd gemi, it's pretty hard to fuck a motor in one they just keep going and going, and if it final does go it's a lot easyer to work on or if u want 2 modify there is a vast selection of engines which bolt in.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

My dads been running ULP in the TE for 3 years now, loss of performance comes from weaker octance rating. Advance ur timing and run PULP and itll kick abit harder then on LRP. Remember, japans had ULP since 75, and they (isuzu) werent going to go to the effort of making two different heads for the G series (1 ULP 1 Super) so we copped what they copped. which would explain why my geminis still going strong on ULP.

GeminiCoupe-
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: help me guys gemini queeries Reply with quote

I know an old lady with a 1-owner minta TX Gemini SL coupe (oh yeah baby, except it's auto) and she's been running ULP since 1986.

So far so good...

I've been running mine exclusively on PULP since plastic fuel LRP came out and it's been fine. In fact, it's been better!!!

GO THE BREADVAN PANNO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: