HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

very confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangeTD
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: very confused Reply with quote

i had a g180 in my wagon originally. i put extractors and an exhaust on that. it blew up so i took it out replacin it with a G160 while i rebuilt the g180. there were no problems with the exhaust on the 1.6. however, yesterday i just put the 1.8 back in which has been fully rebuilt and bored to a 2L with forged pistons and all the shit. now when the exhaust is fitted back up to the original motor it was put on (1.Cool, the exhaust hits on the bottom of the car like a bitch.
Whats the difference? how come it fit before but not now? its not just hittin in one spot its all over the bloody thing.
orangeTD
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

oh, and the exhaust hasn't been off the car at all.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

have u bottomed out on any speed bumbs latly?

why forgies?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

u got ur manifold on there?
na just kiddin, is it all tight?
orangeTD
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

its bolted on exactly the same as before. its almost as if the engine is sitting higher cause the exhaust is sitting against the floor.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

ok, i will ask again
have u bottomed out the car at all on anythign like a speed bump or somehting?
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

it was put in yesterday. the only place its been is up the driveway. u honestly think if i'd bottomed out on a speed hump that i'd be askin what the go is. you may think yourself as smart gene but it dont mean the rest of us arent
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

well im fucking sorry. u can bottom out and cause it to bend. making it not fit anymore. just trying to help.
fucking hardcore newbies out'
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: very confused Reply with quote

i had the same problem.....the car is not sitting on the mounts straight....need to lift it up and push it sideways makeing the exhaust side sit lower...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: