HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

My Gem is Painted ! Woo !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: My Gem is Painted ! Woo ! Reply with quote

My gem is finally painted, my neighbour generously helped me out be asking one of the painter at his bodyshop to paint it cheaply for me. Normally most of their work is custom and prestige stuff (ie : hot rods, ferraris, race cars, jags, rolls, etc). The poor gemi looked kinda outta place in the workshop Smile

I did all the bodywork and primering myself.

The Colour is diamond white but you cant really see the blue tint due to the crappiness of the pics and strong lighting in the spray booth.

I'll get some better pics on sat once I get it home.

It's done in acrylic so it still needs to be blocked back and polished, tho the shine at the moment aint too bad considering.

Copy and paste into your address bar to see em :

http://members.iweb.net.au/~orca/gem1/Hq10.jpg

http://members.iweb.net.au/~orca/gem1/Hq11.jpg

http://members.iweb.net.au/~orca/gem1/Hq12.jpg

http://members.iweb.net.au/~orca/gem1/Hq9.jpg
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: My Gem is Painted ! Woo ! Reply with quote

Nothing looks better than a new paint job!! I was wondering how to take off the gems panels?? My dad has re-painted our aircraft so we have all the stuff to re-paint a car. how long was your gem out of action?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: My Gem is Painted ! Woo ! Reply with quote

All the panels come off with allen keys or 10mm socket or roundabouts.

Pretty easy stuff, the doors require a door pin puller to be removed.

The car has been off the road for around 7mths so far, it runs a 2L dohc, last thing on the list is to get my computer wired up for EFI (microtech digi2).
pig farmer
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: My Gem is Painted ! Woo ! Reply with quote

It's going to look mint when you finish and thanks for the info. I wish you could of got a picture in the paint shop next to a Bently or Lambug or any other super expensive car. At least you know that your gem is in good hands with them.

One of my friends at swinburne has a gemini Van and lots of people have commented how good condition its in. I haven't seen it yet but if I can get a pic maybe people on this site have seen it or know of it.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: My Gem is Painted ! Woo ! Reply with quote

The cars in the show when my gem was there were :

HQ Monaro in primer

50's Hot rod

50's buick with massive tubs, 12" diff and 1000+hp engine

Rolls royce

Alfa Romeo GTV (i think)

and a nissan pathfinder getting a minor ding removed.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My Gem is Painted ! Woo ! Reply with quote

i love that colour. (blue tint on white!!)
awsume

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: My Gem is Painted ! Woo ! Reply with quote

my gem has had 2 spray jobs over 6-7 months and is now blaze blue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: