HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Insurance --(Morgoth)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 2:02 am    Post subject: Insurance --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Hey, what do all you guys with transplanted engines do for Insurance on your Gem's? how much do yas pay, and can you get away with a bit of bullshit?

Thanks,
Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Insurance --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Once I fit a more subtley modified aircleaner (the current one was hacked apart with an angle grinder, it's replacement will have holes drilled up from underneath(out of sight...)) my 2.0 will look more stock than a stock motor, which is ok, but will put out a darn sight more power and rev a darn sight harder (EVERY GEMINI SHOULD HAVE A LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL!!!!!!!!), which is bloody terrific.

So we just drive to the DOT and say we have changed motors, they have a look, it looks like a g161 (ask me how), they write down the (illegally restamped) engine number, and it is all legit (albeit only in a technical sense).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: