HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN- ben wight plz help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlesy
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: ATTN- ben wight plz help Reply with quote

im fairly new at all this i have a td gemini all stok at present. at the moment its of the road gettin full facelift paint interior ect.. an while its of the rd i was thinkin bout turboing the engine money isnt a mojor prob (but still im not made of it) ianyways i was jus wondering if u could give me a list ov what ill need aand rough prices so i have some idea i was wanting 2 run it at bout 12-15psi so what other mods will i have 2 do 2 the g161 engine 2 have it all work safely (also rough prices plz) was lookin at a blow through setup with a 32/36 webber which im getting next week
sorry bout the long post
any help would b greatly apreaciated thanx
mick
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN- ben wight plz help Reply with quote

Hey Mick, first piece of advice is to buy a turbo book with a chapter on carbs and turbos. This will answer most of your questions, and give you ideas on how to set it up.

If you have any questions past that, i'll be happy to help out. Probably best to give me an email.

BTW, if you are chasing a carb, I am selling one of my old blow through carbs, among other things, check out the for sale section.

Ben Wight
Charlesy
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN- ben wight plz help Reply with quote

thanks man i was actually lookin at buying a book called maximum boost as i was told its very informative.

not sure bout the carb now as spud has told me itll cost me less an b better in the long run 2 buy a 4zci with efi an turbo setup so i fink ill have a look around at doin somefin like that 1 coz i fink my carll b off rd 4 a few months
mick
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN- ben wight plz help Reply with quote

Yeah, thats a good book. Has a good section on everything.

If you are happy with the power of a piazza engine, then you should probably try and whack one in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: