HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

g180 dohc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: g180 dohc Reply with quote

anyone got any info on these engines?

a mate of mine knows of a cheap one and wants to rebuild it, but is wondering a few things.

what has to be changed to get it into a gem? will the gearbox bolt in?

also, anyone know the compression ratio?

any help would be appreciated, cheers
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: g180 dohc Reply with quote

They came out in a carby and injected version so there is a few different models as far as age goes. Internally they are basically the same.

They came in imported ZZ/ZR geminis and the early non turbo imported isuzu piazzas. A 2L version was also available in the piazza. Possibly the isuzu bellets had similar engines, but only a 1.6 dohc.. I think.

Internally they use many of the parts a normal g series gem motor will. Parts that are hard to find are heads and original pistons. Im sure other pistons will fit. Cams will also need to be custom made or reground.

As far as fitting it theres a few different stories floating around.

One version bolts right in with no modification apart from removal of the blower cover just to get it in.

Another version of the engine will sit too far back on standard gemi mounts so you need to use a gemini deisel crossmember or splice in the mounts from it to bring it forward.

Nothing else really needs to be changed apart from the fitting of EFI wiring loom and computer if you run injection.

This is all I can answer, hope this helps.
FoRuM KiNg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: g180 dohc Reply with quote

or you could just buy my engine and save the wait and money on rebuilding your own twin cam. $2500-3000 and you can have my engine fully rebuilt has not even travveled 1km...injected with wolf 3d computer (controls fuel and spark) rebuilt by just gemini spares..
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: g180 dohc Reply with quote

cheers for the info, i will pass it on

engine mounts arent a problem i guess, as its already in a gemini. i dunno if it ever ran, but its in the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: