HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

central locking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: central locking Reply with quote

just put central locking in my coupe. best part is i have 2 spare motor thingies so i am going to get rid of my door handles and make it button operated. nice smoote doors
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

Spud mate, I want to put central on my coupe. How much did it cost for a kit and was it hard? the guy down at rice barn reakons it can be pretty tricky...
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

36 bucks at brisbane car sound. took me less then 2 hours
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

That's what I like to hear!
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

what about putting it on a sedan ?
sounds like a good buy was it on special?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

i got mine for $40, 4 doors. thats what there worth, it was gonna cost $250 tho if they installed it.
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

yeah is on special at bris car sound. not that hard at all to install. is a 4 door kit. 2 master and 2 slave
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

hahaha have fun with a flat battery!
actually mate, i know a guy who shaved his door handles and actually got a flat battery, he was screwed!
after that he ran a secondary cable off his positive terminal down to the bottom of the engine bay and then sealled it off so that if he ever got a flat battery again he could connect another battery to his with out opening the bonnet, he also kept a small sealed container under the car with a spare remote battery in it. might seem a bit much but not to someone who has been stuck before.
just a few pointers
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

i was thinking about what i would do with a flat battery, but it didnt concern me too much since a gemini is pretty easy to open with a peice of wire
YellaTE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

Also guys, Dick Smith has the central locking kits, cat number is L 5414 (from memory - I work there). They are around $40 but sometimes they come on special. I put one in 3-4 yrs ago and its never missed a beat. They are key operated but u can connect to a remote immobiliser/alarm.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

dont get the bris car sound one when it isnt on special. normal price is 99bucks!
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

there are a couple of pics of how mine is mounted at

http://community.webshots.com/user/byteme22

under my gemini's
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

I got mine on sale for around $40 normal was $99.

Installed into a sedan in about 2 hours as well.

I love opening/locking the gem when people r around cause its so ovious.

But i hate it when someone gets out and locks me in because they didn't know it had central locking. arrrrrgggg

and i find it hard to belive the someone who took the door handels off his gem did master the art off braking in?? its so easy, i had to do it every second day due to a faulty door lock.

Overall, very easy mod.

Does anyone have Power windows in a Gem, or have inquired about it.

Whats an average price??, was it hard??
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

hehe gems r easy to break into all ya need is a ruler Very Happy....my mate had a tg with remote central locking, and power windows...all fitted by himself, windows were ~120-140 for each door...ended up worth it though coz you could walk away with all the windows down...hit the lock button and all the windows would close up an doors would lock....VERY NICE Very Happy..........3 weeks after that, he drove it off a bridge into a creek. oh well
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: central locking Reply with quote

To stop the passenger from locking you in, only connect the two wires (the same colour as the rear slave solenoids). That way if they do lock the door, it only locks their door and not the whole car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: