HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

hi, i just put a double row timechain an guides+tensioner in my g200 an it all went together pretty smoothly.....that was untill i turned the engine over an tried to see if she turned over freely...alas i discovered the timeing chain is being fouled by the timeing case. i dont see how this could happen as it is a legitament part. any help from people that have fitted this stuff to g200s please help out!!
cheers
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

yeah you got to machine it out so it doesnt rub. mine was jaming between the timing case and the guide and it broke links off the chain... not good

btw thats for a g180, might be the same..
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

you have to file the timing case when fit a double row chain.

mooch
www.geocities.com/mygemi
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

im guessing ur meaning fileing the outlet where the feed for the water pump comes from.....is this a wise idea considering water is not a good thing to have gushing into ya sump....would it be much more easyer/smarter just useing a single row?
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

go the gear drive
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I haven't needed a double-row timing chain yet, and if you treat your engine with a little restecp single-row should be fine. Two rows will no doubt help if your engine is a stresser.

Does anyone actually make a gear drive set? How wicked would that sound!!
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: the answer G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

the double row chain sets should come with an extra thick gasket. all you have to do is elongate the holes in the front of the head and the sump so the timing case can sit slightly further forward.
If your kit doesnt have thick gaskets... then use 2 normal gaskets
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VERY URGENT G200 OWNERS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

in brisbane, northside cylender head recon at delta street sell a timing gear set for all the g-series engines, that guy is so helpful and he can get u just about anything for an engine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: