HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rear brake upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade Reply with quote

Tha main dilema left is how we'd go with the brake biosing! Especially 4 wheel Discs! Excuse the spelling mistakes itsss a biiitttt late!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade Reply with quote

get an adjustable brake line bias valve. like $5
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade Reply with quote

there adjustable and u can play with it till u find the setting u like
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade Reply with quote

Dad has one in his car that sits down beside his seat so he can adjust it for different race tracks... its illegal though
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade Reply with quote

I was told by an engineer that it was illegal to have in the cabin where you can adjust it. and most others are illegal because the have a dead point at which point they cut of the rears compleatly. but he said if i but it in the engine bay he will pass it as it is part of a brake upgrade.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade Reply with quote

thats true. its not aloud to be in the cabin
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

The other day we were discussing brake master cylinders and biosing. Have u got a particular supplier or ne recomendations as who to c regarding the adjustabel tap is fitted to the rear brake lines. Would ENZED or Pirtek probaly be best ones to try. Have u tried this and if so did u remove the original biosiong block that TE and older models have, or is ur cars one built in to the master cylinder.
Thankx
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

i havent done the master upgrade yet. i want to use a VX disk disk one so no bias valve is needed. BUT if i cant do that i will use the XF with a valve. im just going to mount it in the engin bay. i have no recomendations as iv not totaly looked into it yet. (its next on my list of "to do's")
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

Do u have ne ideas where to get these vavles from since u were saying there $5 or therabout, and what XF MAster does that fit or do u mean XA??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

if ya in brisbane u can get em from lewis hoses and seals. any hose and seal shop really. auto barn and repco might even have em
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

I'll let you know how the biasing is, but when i drove mine the other day i didnt notice the rears locking up early or anything, i was worried bout the same prob when i first started the conversion, those bias valve sound interesting to play with but...
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

So did u fit the Xa master to ur car? Just wondering coz I adapted it to my wagon but its a project , no motor in it, so the only test ive been able to do was down hill and pushing, hoping they work??
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

I used the XB master, and so far so good, no biasing probs, may get a set and play round with em considering theyre so cheap and tell you what i find out, otherwise the standard biasing seems fine...
V8_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

with regards to the handbrake cable, Auto Brake Service in Footscray Rd, West Melb will shorten your VL cable to suit for about $30.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Rear brake upgrade attn Gene? Reply with quote

or u can make these brakest to suit for almost nothing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: