HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Re-sealing your back window

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemicrusier
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re-sealing your back window Reply with quote

if u have a leakie back window and its causing rust around the bottom a cheap and easy fix instead of getting window removed and all resealed which cost $$$ is go down to ya local hardwear store and get some painting tape, some form of black resealent preferable a marine one and a butter knife.

Two people helps but one can do this.
1.Tape all around the seal so no sealent goes on your paint.
2. Get the egde of your butter knife and go around the whole seal lifting up the edges. (even if in some spots its still sealed u might as well do it all)
3. Chose a point to start from and lift up the seal with the knife as high as you can and squeze the sealent underneath (not much is needed)
4. Let the seal back down and continue going all the way around the seal repeating step 3 making sure u get as deep as possible to do a good seal.
5. after you have gone around and done the whole thing get all the excess that came out and spread it along the edge making sure not to go over the tape onto the paint.
6.take the tape off and let it dry.
7. clean up any spots that got the sealent on it and now u have no more leaks.

i have done this to my TG and have not had a leak since i do recomend doing rust repair on any corners were rust has occured befor proceeding.

hope this has help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: