HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CHANGING TO INTERMITTANT WIPER SPEED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
not HONES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: CHANGING TO INTERMITTANT WIPER SPEED Reply with quote

The TF doesnt have intermittant but my unregistered TG does so how do i make the TF have intermittant?
What do i have to swap?

Cheers
not hones
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: CHANGING TO INTERMITTANT WIPER SPEED Reply with quote

Im pritty sure its just the switch thingy but there might be something else as well. Was planning to do the same thing but ended up fixing the tg and putting all the bits off the tf in it so it never actually found out.

Does ur TG have seat belts that wind up in the back???
and did ur door trims cover the whole door????
cos mine did.

Theres my crap for now
84TGEMI
not HONES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CHANGING TO INTERMITTANT WIPER SPEED Reply with quote

my tg didnt wind up at the back but it covered the whole door...friek gem

anyways anyone else about the wiper?
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: CHANGING TO INTERMITTANT WIPER SPEED Reply with quote

heheheheh why dont you just try it and see????
Thats what i would do ne way
bye
84TGEMI
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: CHANGING TO INTERMITTANT WIPER SPEED Reply with quote

easiest to pull the whole steering colum out of the tg and bolt it into the tf, might be a relay under the dash for the wipers so look at a wiring diagrame
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: CHANGING TO INTERMITTANT WIPER SPEED Reply with quote

take ur sterring wheel off and unbolt the thing that all the arms come out of. thats what u have 2 swap
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

you need the intermittant stalk... once you have than in you will find that it will still not work.
All the intermittant relays etc are in the housing for the stalk
All you have to do is look at the wiring connector and you will notice the apparent lack of an earth wire.. put in a new wire from the car side of the connector(to earth) and you will find it works

50+ gems and counting......

LOK15
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

50+..... your a freek
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

heheheheh you reckon??????
Just coz im old and owned a few.. well ok .. theres a wagon in the driveway.. one at the side of the carport.. behind that theres a TF sedan.. in the backyard theres a TF sedan as well not forgetting the TE sedan being built in the carport... oh and the bike on the verandah.. see... not all of them are gems.. i do have a yamaha! lol
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

can u do me a favour and email how u did it in more detail...
the stalk is the wiper stick?
u put a earth wire from where....>?

matt_jones6969@hotmail.com
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Simple Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

Take the steering wheel off both cars. Then take the whole blinker and wiper switch assembly off both cars and swap. Reassemble, and you have intermittent wipers on your TF. P.S. Dont forget to mark where the steering wheel goes so you can put it back in the right place.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Simple Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

sorry Stock TE, but its not that easy.... the wiring on the car side of the connector is the bit missing the earth, without the earth, it wont work, even tho the intermittant stalk is fitted.All it is , is the earth wire.

Simple to find and simple to fix Smile
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Simple Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

Out of 5 Geminis my family has had (3 TE's and 2 TG's and only 1 of the TG's had intermittent standard) all of them had the earth wire already on the car side of the connector. So, its probably just your car that is missing this wire.
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Simple Answer! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Reply with quote

What Models are you talking about early dash or later dash!
If thinking of the later dash I found that our "best friend donor car" the mighty camira (Later models JT) uses the same wiper assembly stalk that has intermittent wipers and does clip in to original plug! I havent done fifty of em but all good things come in threes, I have bloody long knees and keepknocking in to em n snap!
Is there a hidden solution out there for the TX to TE dashes that seem to have the provisions there for intm wipers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: