HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

Just wondering if my Gem is a freak or something but its got wind up seatbelts in the back seat. Its a 84TG SL and im just curious if its normal or not??? They look stock but all the gems ive seen dont have them???

Just another thing if i get a big valve head is ther ne way i can put the mech pump on it??? Ive heard that you can drill out the holes for it. Is this easy to do??? cos im too lazy to set up an elec one.
Thanks
84TGEMI
not HONES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

as i said, mine doesnt have wind up seatbelts but mine is an 83. my g/fs mum is also 83 TG and doesnt have them.
Does yours have the manual rear view mirror things (the door mirrors) - do they have a thing poking through the door so u can adjust them or do u have to poke the mirror with ur finger to move it.
hmmm yea
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

nope you got to use ur finger to move it. id really like a left one as well. I just thought it was unusual that everybody else has those dodgy ones in the back.
84TGEMI
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

The back seat has those headrest bits aswell. I didnt think they were meant to be in an SL. The car is stock too.
o well my cars a freak
84TGEMI
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

"Ive heard that you can drill out the holes for it. Is this easy to do??? cos im too lazy to set up an elec one."

WTF?!?!
seting up the electric one would take shit loads more time then runing a few wires to an electric one
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

What Gene *meant* to say was that it would take a shitlod longer to drill a hole and set up the 'mechanical' pump, than just run some wires for the electric one

Nice effort
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

HEHEH, I FEEL DUMB
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

I also have a 84 TG SL and its exactly the same, retractable seatbelts, and the headrests. And you have to adjust the driver mirror by pushing the mirror.
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

hehehehe i read your reply 3 times to try and figure out what i was reading wrong heheheheh
confused out
84TGEMI
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

why i was asking is that ive already got a mech pump and using that would be cheeper than going and getting a elec one and wire and stuff. o well i asked a stupid question i should have expected a stupid answer heheheh hey gene
84TGEMI
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

all right here it is!
rectractable seat belts came out in LATE model TG's cuz thats when they started makin RB's and they came out wid!
LATE as in september, october ect
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

Thanks
That would be right cos mine is a late one. The TGs finished in about may 85 or something didnt they???
So that means mine is the one of the better gems!!! (in my opinion ne way) is there ne other differences???
TGs r best out
84TGEMI
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

not that i can think of right now
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

i got a 84 tg and yeah the 84 came out with retractable seatbealts but the 83 did'nt also the 83 came out with the head rests on the back seat and the 84 did...nah ur gem aint a freak its just what they did to upgrade it
84TGEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wind up seat belts and fuel pumps Reply with quote

sweet!!! those seatbelts that dont wind up r a pain!! Not in my gem tho hehehehe
84TGEMI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: