HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door pins.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Door pins. Reply with quote

Gemini door pins (new) are pretty scarce. In fact for a complete kit from rare spares they wanted over $50.

The good thing is, VB-VL commodore door pins fit all geminis (maybe not rb Razz) and are a lot cheaper.

I picked up some for my wagon today at Motor Traders for 2 bucks a pop and they went in fine.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone respraying their gem, since I hard a hard time finding gemi door pins.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

why put them back in they suck
use high tensile bolts with lock nuts
ten times easier to get out again
ive done it on 2 resprayed gems
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

Well if you use door pins they go in nice and tight and eliminate door sag in the future.

Last thing you want is your bolt coming loose unknowingly and you slam the door shut when its sagged a bit and chips the shit out of your paint.

But hey, each to their own. I was merely stating that commodore pins are the same if people needed them.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

yeah if u use the correct size bolt then the door does not sag at all and in more cases than not it is stronger, only reason we used these was to eliminate the frustration of removing door pins.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

Yes they can be a bitch to get out, even with the correct tool!

I must admit I tried to use bolts but could not find any at my local hardware store in the right sizes. Either too big or too small. Pins just seemd so much easier.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

wouldnt that piss you off if you rock up to broady car park in your tuff looking gem and park in between a bunch of skylines and supras' and you go to get out of your car and when you open the door it completly falls off onto the ground!

lol that would really suck ...muchly
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

i used bolts in my gems, stainless, tight fit, no probs
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

Dimensions please?

Remember the rules, don't post in here unless you have done the hard yards yourself and have something to contribute. You guys have used bolts instead of pins, I think it would be at least courteous to provide the dimensions.

Bearing that in mind, I realise this post has no real content. Cheers Very Happy
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

i just have a big tin in the shed and went threw em all till i found a perfict fitting one. then took it in and got a bunch of high tensile stainless ones. dunno what size
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: do NOT... (warning) Reply with quote

Boys boys boys... do not for a second think that I don't know you are all post-whoring in here to see your name in the most recent post list... If you want to do that, make sure you've got a genuine valid post to make, preferably on a new topic rather than a reply... Some day I'll come in here in a bad mood and ban anyone I catch post-whoring.

Adam.
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Door pins. Reply with quote

door pins or door hinges or the hinge that sits in the middile of the door with a pin holing the door cause they are only 35 cents each
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: