HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

SOLEX/PERSONAL LOCKS ___----___ BOOT LOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HON3S
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: SOLEX/PERSONAL LOCKS ___----___ BOOT LOCK Reply with quote

GOdamn there a fucking bitch to get in hey...

How did people do it?
i just re-bent the originol metal ring dilly with the plyers and tried for about 3 hours to get it tight enough (and still its a little loose)

How do you get the thing bitch ass tight??
GEM4PLAY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLEX/PERSONAL LOCKS ___----___ BOOT LOCK Reply with quote

haha calm down, when i did mine, all i did was file a bit of the hole in the door for the lock to fit then get the clip on some how. I used the new metal ring dilly though.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLEX/PERSONAL LOCKS ___----___ BOOT LOCK Reply with quote

I agree, on a sedan the boot lock clip was a bitch to get on... I used the clip that came with the solex's and pushed it on bloody hard, probably bent it in the process to make it fit, but that was all I did... it did take me quite a while to get on though, but not it is bloody tight and the lock doesn't move, and it's been there for around 6 months.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLEX/PERSONAL LOCKS ___----___ BOOT LOCK Reply with quote

i dont get it?!?!?! are u ppl geting gemini solex kits??
mine fit straight in like the origianl locks
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLEX/PERSONAL LOCKS ___----___ BOOT LOCK Reply with quote

i got a universal kit and i managed to fit them in about an hour i used the new clips but bent them around abit and the locks are solid as! i took the boot off and turned it upside down to make it abit easier
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: SOLEX/PERSONAL LOCKS ___----___ BOOT LOCK Reply with quote

Yeah, I got Gemini Solex locks, and the front doors were fine, just slid in, it was only the boot that was any problem. I did the same as Matt and took the boot off and put it upside down, and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't going on without a bit of shoving and bending. I don't 'think' I'm that sped-ish that I was doing it completely wrong....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: