HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

compression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: compression Reply with quote

how's it going everyone,
how much would you shave off the head (how many thou) to put the compression up to between 9.5:1 and 10.0:1
(g161)
how much of a difference would you notice with this sort of compression increase?
cheers,
Mat
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

I'd be guessin that to get that kinda compression from shaving the head on a 1600 u may need to get your pistons fly-cut. And there may be issues of timing chain slack, as the tesioner may not go that far.
Dunno, but i'd imagine it would be a fair bit.
L8trz
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

No problems with slack. My TX head has been taken to within a bee's dick of it's service life. I didn't have fly-cut pistons, but I did have a compression somewhere in the region of 10:1 and a heavily ground cam. Make sure you run PULP at least.

Bigger comp makes a big difference, your machinist should have a clue as to what is a decent shave. Maybe invest in electronic ignition as well to take advantage of the comp rise.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: