HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Car wont start now??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waterboy
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

Hi i've recently bought my first car and gemi its a 1980 TE Panelvan.
I've fixed everything and taken it for a drive just yesterday and now it wont start.
the battery has been on the charger overnight and there is fuel.
If anyone can help or give me ideas of what to look for before i head to a mechanic.
Cheers for any help!
DOHC_TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

You say you fixed it, was it to do with anything mechanical? Take the spark plugz out and giv em a clean then check for spark.

cheers
Waterboy
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

When i ment fixed it. Replaced door locks, mirrors, put in flame interior, and bonette with hornet scoop. But nothing under the bonet yet. thanx 4 that i'll try that 2morrrow and would there b anything else i should check.
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

check ya carby,.. i had a problem once where the float needle in the carby got stuck, to fix it.. grab a spanner ( the bigger the better) and whack the top of the carby... this fixed mine, afterwards, take it all off, take it apart and clean it.. maybe that will help.. good luck

-dave
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

when you were charging the battery was it on a bench or on a concrete floor ?
TUF TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

what happens when u try to start it? does it turn over at all, or go click or does nothing happen at all?? do the lights in the dash come on?? more info please so we can narrow it down

cheers
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

what difference does that make?
...not being smart, just want to know since i always charge mine on the floor
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

if u put a battrey directly on2 concrete it drains all the power out.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

shit eh, learn something new every day
YellaTE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

What the...? Is that true?
DOHC_TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

If u leave a battery lying around on concrete it will gradually drain the power out but if you only have it there for one or two days it wont make any difference.
big russ
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Car wont start now?? Reply with quote

my car occasionally wont start.
when i turn the key all i can hear is the fuel pump.
what i usually do is either put the car in gear and rock it back and forth or give the starter motor a swift couple of smacks with something heavy, i use a socket wrench.
this generally works and is much better then push starting my car by myself every morning like i use to.
hope that helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: