HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mat Muller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Advice please Reply with quote

I need some help, i just brought a gemini, and want to put a turbo sr20 in it, is this easy, if not what motor is fairly easy to put in
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice please Reply with quote

would be very hard, your better off just putting a pizza 2 litre in and fang that around for a while, then turbo a g180 or g200
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice please Reply with quote

be easyer to turbo a g180 or g200 then puit a piazza in.

why is it that 1 out of 5 newbies, there 1st question is about ENGIN CONVERSIONS and how easy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Advice Reply with quote

Agreed Gene...
This site really does need to be updated to the next level. There should be a whole heap of changes made to better the quality and user-friendliness on here. I understand that Adam or Joe might not have the passion or heart or maybe even time to better the site, but fer fucks sake - it's waaaaaaaayyyy over-due.
There's a section to post suggestions to better the site, but it never seems to get any better. Maybe we should all send our suggestions over the next few days to either Adam or Joe to try and get something done.
Just to get the ball rolling...
1) The 'Search' feature needs to be highly emphasised and encouraged
2) The R&D forum needs to be edited by taking out the useless posts, and as someone else suggested there should be a new page you are redirected to before posting, that explains the rules and consequences of posting in the forum.
3) This is where u guys jump in and make some more suggestions.
Sorry to be such a bitch, but it really is about time we put something in writing to Adam or Joe to better the site. It's a win/win situation.
My 3cents bitch 4 da year.
L8trz
84 tg
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Advice Reply with quote

sorry,
the reason i asked the goustion isnt cos i was thinkin of doin the conversion its cos i am doin the conversion i have the two engens in my garage.i just wanted to know if the 4zc1 is a much stronger motor or if you cant find any parts or is it a weaker motor or is it werth doin that engen cos off the oil cooler and external cam drive. im not askin witch is the easiest or cheapest im askin witch wouled be the best all round option cos i dont no everthing about these engens and i thought thats what the forum was for.
cheer.
84 tg
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Advice Reply with quote

shit sorry about that its just all confusin with all these (advice please) quastions witch 1s witch.
im the 1 below.
sorry
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice Reply with quote

Your points are still valid though...
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice Reply with quote

Sorry duder, wasn't having a go at u or anything like that. I was more or less having a little bitch about the repetitivness of the same questions being asked time and time again. Obviously the newbies aren't familiar wit da 'Search' feature of the site, and i was just voicing my opinion on what can be done 2 rectify it.
As far as your question is concerned, i personally would go the SR20, but that would only be if i had the funds as it would be a little (read; a lot) out of my price-range.
The 4ZC1 would be a more viable option and you could extract some decent BHP out of it if u went about it the right way, i personally believe reliability is not an issue with these engines. With periodical/regular basic maintenance of the oil and plugs and a tune 'if' necessary, it should be just as reliable as any other engine. The SR has a larger following resulting in an abundance in go-fast-bits, the 4Z never really did become all that popular so parts are obviously more difficult to source - unless u have contacts 2 help u out. I spose in the end both will be fraught with their head-aches and long nights, but the 4Z will be up and running B4 an SR due to costs and ease of conversion.
L8trz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: