HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn: EXGEM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Attn: EXGEM! Reply with quote

U wrote this:

"Piazza's had a life expectancy of approx 60000kms (and people bag rotors) from new. You would be lucky to find a good motor then if something went wrong you would be lucky to find parts. Go the G200 bolts straight in easy to get parts for"

Could i ask who told u that? I dont mind if ppl bag out piazza's, but i do mind when it is utter bullshit. My car has 130,000k's on it and has close to perfect compression in all 4 cyl's. Also my uncle has one with approx 90,000 on it, fine also.
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: EXGEM! Reply with quote

To tell you the truth I have no idea where I heard that but your car proves it wrong. Parts are still way to expensive to justify owning one.

Sorry to offend you I did to you something that I hate myself people taking 3rd hand info as gospel.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: EXGEM! Reply with quote

I would agree with ur statement ExGem. Back when piazzas were released was during the 4 cyl turbo boom of the 80's.

Everyone loved turbo 4's and wanted them. This is evident with the amount of cars from that era. Cordias, exas, pulsar ETs, etc..

The big prob here was people did not fully understand how to care for them due to slightly different maintenence required for turbo cars and stuff like letting it warm up and cool down.

I'd say the majority of problems with reliability would be down to that, nowadays I don't see any problem with them lasting.

However you were right when you said about parts, I would imagine they would be very hard to find, being a completely different engine and all.

Piazza turbos should have done it properly and kept the 2L dohc (g200w) from the early imported ones, and put a snail on it.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: EXGEM! Reply with quote

roz, have you done much work to your piazza or is it pretty much stock? I'm asumming you're the dude just up my street
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: EXGEM! Reply with quote

hahha, u asumme right, i am the guy up ur street. Nope just stock, although i have modified the front section of the car to make it look black! (accident)
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: EXGEM! Reply with quote

Yeah I saw that on monday arv. You got a pretty loud BOV on it don't you? Can I have your diff? Razz
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: EXGEM! Reply with quote

sure, when would u like to pick it up? Ill swap u for ur old mans torana
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: U GOT MSN? Reply with quote

U have msn or anything ?
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: U GOT MSN? Reply with quote

yeah, swervin_merv@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: