HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

electric fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: electric fault Reply with quote

any one got any ideas on what is wrong? when i turn my car on the indicators work, but then when i turn my headlights on the dash lights dim and the left indicator thing on the dash glows and the indicators dont work. i think it might be an earth
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: electric fault Reply with quote

sound to me like the dash plug is on one rotwo pins too far round. i had a simular thing happen to me.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: electric fault Reply with quote

plugs in the back of the dash sound loose, it screws it up heaps. pull em half way out and see what it does ... trippy :s
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: electric fault Reply with quote

i pulled em out and then pluged em back in. still got all the same probs. i also noticed that the fuel gauge goes to full and so does the oil presure gauge. also high beams wont come on when the hedlights are on but will flash whn you pull the lever back. aswell as all that there is an odd noise from under the bonnet when i switch from headlighs to park lights.
any more sugestion would be apreciated. thanks
spud
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: electric fault Reply with quote

Have u recently changed da blinker relay? Maybe a wrong wire was plugged back into it. Or maybe one of the headlight wires is contacting with the blinker relay. Looks like u may have 2 visit da auto sparky. $$$$$$$$ cha-ching cha-ching $$$$$$$$
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: