HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
84 tg
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: advice please Reply with quote

whitch is the better option use a piazza manifold to fuel inject and turbo my 1800 and do up the interals so it can take more boost or do the same to a 4zc1. i have both of these engins the 1800 has been port and polished,bigger cam, a heavy duty double row ajustable timing chain, aloy head and timing case, bored to 1.9, fly cut pistins, oversize valvs and runs on premium. and the 4zc1 is totilly standed and in need of a rebiuld (not running). any advice would be great.
cheers
leney SR20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: advice please Reply with quote

go the piazza motor dude
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: advice please Reply with quote

Id lower the comp on the 1800 to around 7/8:1 and use that. Seems like a good motor.

Plus easier to get future parts for.
84 tg
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: advice please Reply with quote

how do i get the compresion that low.
do i just use a thick gasket?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: advice please Reply with quote

Put different pistons in ? I assume yours were dished to raise the compression ?

Also you could use a decomp plate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: