HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

I got a quote from Just Cars Insurance for 3rd party fire and theft, for a modified Gemi (EFI, lowered, seats etc) and it's fucking $650 a year or some shit. I like my current $230...

Anyone know of any company other than Just Car Insurance or Shannon's that do modified cars in Qld?

Damn corporations...
GEMINI_MILITIA
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

if u have a bad driving record try GIO they charged me $570 4 3rd party insurance and a excess of $1250 whereas NoRealMechanicAvalible were chargin my $600 and a $2500 excess just shop around go on the ammi site for a ctp and theyve got a list of insurance companies
DVSGEMI
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

$650!! i wish mine was that!!!
i pay $700 a year on a stock non turbo silvia.

and have been quoted $1200 a year on the fj20 gemini, (which i think is bloody good)
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

Yeh i rang them up yesterday, they suck.

I went through the RAA with 3rd party fire and theft and told them i had NO MODS at all.
$220a year.

but its dads car (according to them)
they wouldnt give it 3rd party fire and theft with the mags on it. so im gonna put them on when i get home Wink
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

What an intelligent idea, get insurance only to void it immediately, how bout payin me the money instead, because if you aren't insured with mags on it they won't pay out if you have an accident anyway. Check your fine print, if it aint allowed then you aint covered, end of story...
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

at the moment my excess is 1800 and prem is 280 a year, but cant do any more mods, where with shannons will be a 800 prem and 1000 excess, more per year but added up its cheaper and i could do unlimited mods as long as there all done legally.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

I got a quote from shannon's today, they wanted $1700 for my modified car for comprehensive... Yeah right
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

for my Alfa it was $650 3rd party and $2700 for full comp. I went 3rd party and thank god it was the other persons fault when it got written off.

My Gemi's on the other hand were around $250 3rd party. But I have never got the chance to crash any yet they all get defected before that.
gold_gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

My 3rd Party Fire and Theft was $720 a year for my TF and it hasnt got the $2500 sound system or chrome mags yet. Just Cars wont give me comprehensive.

Gold Gemi
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

I told them I had sound system and mags, and they just said they wouldn't be insured...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

yeah same.
for the fj20 coupe
insured for $10000
they said $900 a year, $1200 excess.
the $3000 sterio is not covered and the mag wheels are not covered.
this is with "just cars"
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: insurance companies suck smelly prosty poon Reply with quote

How old are you?

I'm still 19 for a few more months, which would make my premium higher...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: