HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rca wiring on amps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: rca wiring on amps Reply with quote

ive done a search and came up with nothing.

ive got 2 subs in my car, and at the moment ive got 2 amps, 1 for each sub. my question is how do i wire the rca's from my stereo to the amps, because theres only enough plugs at the back of the stereo for one cable.(1amp)
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: rca wiring on amps Reply with quote

Hopefully your amps have line out, so you run the line from your stereo in to 1 and and then the line out of that amp to the line in of the other amp. Failing that you can get a double adapter style thing, it accepts 1 rca in and splits it to 2 rca outs. If you do it with the splitter make sure you run a left and a right channel to both amps, not 2 rights to 1 amp and 2 lefts to the other as the subs will not work togeather then.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: rca wiring on amps Reply with quote

yeh RCA Splitters are the go mate.. less than $10 from anywhere

simply splits the two existing rca's into 4 (two rights and two lefts) i wouldn't recommend doing this more than once though as interference will start playing a part (although if you needed to i'd say its time for either a new head unit with more outputs or a bigger amp that can run more of your components)

hope this helps

cheers

NeWaZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: