HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

4XC1-T swap???????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBs r RBs
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: 4XC1-T swap??????? Reply with quote

Hooray I finally have the time and money for my gem.
Im all ready to order up a nice 4xc1-turbo. Aparently it just bolts right in but Im sure theres a few complications. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and can let me know all about it. There doesnt seem to be alot of info out there about RB`s...oh well.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 4XC1-T swap??????? Reply with quote

RB'S came out at a bad time the start of the 80's
so the styling was totaly different then what people excepted and i think people were still into rwd cars then
but other than i see nothing wrong with the rb
hey i would even buy a jt 4wd turbo if i had the money
but i dont so there is my usless post for the day
DCVN gemmie
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: RB's ARE GAY Reply with quote

as the name says!!!! fuck rb's
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY Reply with quote

that joke is old, most people that bag them out actually have a reason, give us a reason
RBs r RBs
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY Reply with quote

what has that got to do with anything?!
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY Reply with quote

they have a badge on em that says "gemini" so get used to it if ya dont like it!!

i dont like TE's but i dont go sayin shit, let it go mate its all about personal taste...
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY..REASON? Reply with quote

well the reason i dont like rb's is because they dont evn look like a gemini , they are not tuff like tg's te's tf's td's tx's etc , go through the modified gallery , 90%of the gemies are NOT rb's , they bring shame to the holden and gemini name, when i see one out i feel ashamed to own my tg because of those fucken rb's , holden messed up with the rb's big time and the person(s) who designed it should be slapped ,rb's are not the next generation gemini's they are fucken not even the second cousin of older models , honestly TELL ME why you would be proud to drive an rb ,what is so rewarding bout owning one ...... gee those fuckn rb's make me angry , i could ramble and preach for days about how much i dislike them and the reason why ....
RBs r RBs
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: 4XC1-T swap??????? Reply with quote

so no-one at all has seen heard or even thought about doing this before ?!
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 4XC1-T swap??????? Reply with quote

i have seen and heard of one down south nsw sydney i think
was gold turbo had big $$$$ spent on it looked mad
but i have no idea of who owned it but someone who might be able to help is lebonese from fast fours forum
i'm sure hew new the guy but i may be wrong
hope this helps
just ignore the other peoples shit they are just mad they cant afford to turbo there own gem
cheers zzz
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 4XC1-T swap??????? Reply with quote

RBs are like any gemini, after a while they begin to grow on u, even the styling. most people that dont like them probably havent owned one. As for the engine conversion, its been done before, from factory. The japanese Irmsher R RB gemini had a 4XE1 naturally aspirated engine, plus lotus tuned handling. if you could get a wreck of one of those ud be set, youd have everything like all the suspension bits, brakes etc.
The engine does bolt in, but ull need ur usual mods like converting the fuel system to EFI, brake upgrade and an engineers certificate. I'd look at getting a decent clutch set up and some better driveshafts made up.

cheers
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY..REASON? Reply with quote

dude, its just a car
BITZA
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 4XC1-T swap??????? Reply with quote

See if you can get a half cut. Then you will get the above mentioned stuff and maybe jap spec dash. There is one in brisbane a well with turbo.
sixy
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY..REASON? Reply with quote

i msut agree wuth old mate rb's are crap and they shuold not be clled geminis.................their hart is the right place but their diff isnt
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY..REASON? Reply with quote

i think it is!! GO FWD!!!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's ARE GAY..REASON? Reply with quote

nissan lover lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: