HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rice zorst

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: rice zorst Reply with quote

saw a gem the other day, yellow gettin around brissy, its pretty stockish, but it had extractors and 2" back to a rice cannon, i hate those things but i gota admit that it sounded the part! just postin to see what the rest of u think about rice cannons on the gems, i think they look funny but i really like the sound of it. also is there any other muflers that can be plced on the back of a gem that dont look so silly... oval shaped ones or sumthin??
cheers
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

there was one on the adelaide cruise. didnt look to bad at all. i like the rice cannons, they sound and look good but yeah i see what ya mean by putting one on an old square car. dont look as good as if you put them on a new model car
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

i have one for my gem Wink
its not round tho, sorta oval
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

Best exhaust look for a gem is just the good old bent dumper pipe. Looks great I reckon.

I have a pretty large one on my wagon and its tucked away nicely, the tip just hangs down and it looks really good.

Also sounds good but thats more to do with the exhaust system in a whole, not just the tip.

Mine has no muffler on the end but you can get them muffler style (lots of rotaries have them).

A nice example is the OSR-20 Datto (silver one) I know its not a rotor but has a nice exhaust. Suits the car very well.
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

seen this ricemobile the other day with a 7 inch exhaust tip, now that is very bad
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

if u think that's bad check this out!!!

http://www.doghouse.gronks.com/Random%20Pics/big_tip1.jpg
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

BAAAHAHAHAHAH thats full on ricer stylez
im putten on extractas 4-2-1 and a 2 inch all the way trough and was or is undecided on what tip to do i was lthinken get like a twin exhaust like on the old gts like 1 each side or a rice cannon what u think
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

i saw a yellow gemi on warrigal road in melbourne with a rice cannon... as a rule i reckon they look shit on gemini's but this one looked and sounded real nice, it was mounted on an angle, the tip was sorta facing the back right hand corner of the car if you get what i mean.

katapult: twin exhaust pipes would look nice but i know on a te/tf/tg there is a little bit cut out of the body where the exhaust is meant to tuck into, the other side of the car doesn't have that so it might look a bit funny because of that... get a dump pipe like Soop said, they look real nice on gemi's.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

My personal opinion is that twins on the back of a 4cyl look stupid. I also think rice tips are pretty crappy on gems. Definatly go the single dumper, thats actualy usefull and looks good.
GEM4PLAY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

i've got 3' exhaust back from turbo running only one 3' stainless muffler at the back and i think it looks great and makes the little gem sound really tough!
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: rice zorst Reply with quote

if that had flames coming out it would look wicked!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: