HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Body Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Body Kit Reply with quote

Anyone seen any RB Gemini body kits around? I have found a rear ring which is apparently like a Group 3 VK one. Not sure of the price though. I was thinking of getting some Wheel arch flares and front spoiler but nothing up to date. Something designed in the mid 80's.

Cheers
TuFf
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Kit Reply with quote

There was a show RB gem which was gold and g zeros on it if i remember correctly.. go to www.performanceforums.com and see if you could run a search maybe to find it. I doubt ya will tho. IT had a real nice bodykit on it
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Kit Reply with quote

what are g zero's? sorry i am just learning all this car stuff.

cheers
TuFf
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Kit Reply with quote

it was a custom kit.
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Body Kit Reply with quote

Yeah i know but he could maybe get one made up to his own specifications it might just give him an idea what a good lookin one looks like. And it would cost more.

And gzero's are wheels or "mags" are wheels made by enkei
http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=358&car=8
thats what they look like
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: tuFf Reply with quote

yeah if i remember correctly the gold one had what looked like a custom evoIII bar on the front, couldnt make out the rest though. you could try and get your hands on the factory bodykit from the jap-spec rb turbo, alternatively enquire to us/canada importers about grabbing one of the kits off their equivalent 'geminis' (they call them isuzu i-marks in the us and isuzu impulses in canada- the type rs impulse(i think thats what theyre called) come with some half decent looking bodykits, same with the i-marks; im headed to canada in august so im gonna have a squiz aroud then. be warned; the factory turbo bodykit is impossible to find. cheers, goons
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: tuFf Reply with quote

Cool i have emailed afew importers but they don't get the RB style gemini. As for a body kit i don't want something all curvy because that sort of body kit on a mid 80's car is just wrong. I was thinking about trying to get a design similar to the Monza front ends. Anyone remember them? Think Mad Max Interceptor the black 1.

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: tuFf Reply with quote

interesting look. id say you'll have to get it custom made. i think the bodykit on the factory rb turbo looks alright, not too 'curvy'
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: tuFf Reply with quote

yeah i have seen afew when i have searched on the net. Be a bugger to get 1 though. Goons do you know if the side stripes on the doors just peel off? Or do they leave holes?

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: tuFf Reply with quote

mine had the big chunky ones as opposed to the thin ones on yours. they came off the drivers side no sweat, but the passengers side had been accident damaged previously, and the paint didnt take too kindly to having it ripped off, and some paint decided to come off as well. just be real careful and they should come off ok. cheers, goons
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: tuFf Reply with quote

Cool i might do that. I watched The Fast And The Furious last night. That white VW looks alot like a RB gemini.

Cheers
TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: