HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

water pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: water pump Reply with quote

the bolts that go through the water pump housing and into the block two of them are siezed and broke

how do you get them out? i'll most lilely get a pro to do it but i'm just curious

do you heat them or drill or what?
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: water pump Reply with quote

I tried heating mine coz dads a welder but that just took about an hour out of my life.

It accomplished nothing

Depends how far in they are.

Take it to someone or plug it up with gasket glue! or grease or blutac hehe
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: water pump Reply with quote

There is this bit called a easy out just for that type of problem, you need to drill a hole in the broken bolt at which ever size you choose and then screw this easy out in which is the reverse thread of what you are removing and then should release..

any hardware should carry them..

hope this helps
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: 'easy outs' Reply with quote

Just a warning if you do go to carry this job out yourself. Any bolts that are located in or near the cooling system are made of a different material from say a seat rail bolt. They are normally alot harder in density and dont take too kindly to being drilled into with 'easy outs'. I've removed two thermostat bolts on friends cars, and it was an absolute bitch of a job requiring a fair amount of patience and perserverance. The thermostat bolts would be a shit-load easier to remove than your water pump ones due to location. I'd suggest removing your radiator to make the job alot easier, that's if you already haven't.
Personally i'd get a pro to do it, so he can do all the cursing and swearing but, nothing ventured - nothing gained. You can always have a go at it yourself and call in the pro's if you cant get it out.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: