HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

tacho and guages --(nick)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 5:26 pm    Post subject: tacho and guages --(nick) Reply with quote

I have installed the zz/z tacho and oil and volts guages in my TG. But how do i wire up the different oil sender unit on the block?? The oil pressure guage just flicks to the top when I turn the ignition on. Do I need the zz/z wiring harness section?? Please help
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho and guages --(kev) Reply with quote

The sender unit replaces the 'other' sender unit and as far as i'm aware, you use another wire on the loom with a similar connector (check the wiring diagram if you have a Gregories manual). This is how I did my wife's TG and it works fine. ZZZ has same wiring loom as SL, SL/X and base models. Just check that it wasn't a Diesel that the gauges came out of.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho and guages --(Nick) Reply with quote

the oil sender unit for the pressure guage has 3 prongs instead of one. I tried the existing wire and another one which was hanging in the engine bay. It doesnt seem to work and the wiring diagram is wrong in the gregorys. Could you please explain exactly which wires go on which prongs. I would be very grateful. Thanks
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho and guages --(Nick) Reply with quote

The oil sender unit for the pressure guage has 3 prongs instead of one. I tried the existing wire and another one which was hanging in the engine bay. It doesnt seem to work and the wiring diagram is wrong in the gregorys. Could you please explain exactly which wires go on which prongs. I would be very grateful. Thanks
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: tacho and guages --(Terry) Reply with quote

If you had the standard instrument cluster (ie one with the clock or just the Holden symbol) then you'll have to buy a new oil pressure switch and replace it with the old switch on the engine. From memory, for a VDO one, they are up over $100.

This is why ZZZ dash are sometimes "over rated" because when people sell them, they should sell it with the oil pressure switch as well.

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho and guages --(Keith) Reply with quote

The standard wiring harness has the wires to run a tacho dash. But you need the two way adaptor to run an oil switch to operate the oil light & the oil sender unit to operate the guage.

The oil switch (VDO part No. 231-084)uses the yellow wire with the white stripe(Look hard, the white is hard to see)&
the oil sender (VDO part No. 360-011)uses the yellow wire with a green stripe. If you haven't got the adapor use (VDO part No. 230-036)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: