HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Universal Torque Tube??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
76gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Universal Torque Tube?????? Reply with quote

Can you take away the old driveshaft and tailshaft and just put one long universal one, has anyone done it before and how much did it cost you??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Universal Torque Tube?????? Reply with quote

whats the point??? if u are going to that extrem u midas well convert to a commodor diff aswell.
i cant see any gain out of doing it to a gem diff
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: GENE??? Breaking Torque Tubes?? Reply with quote

The rubber supports on mine keep breaking, I know geminis arent meant for launching but surely there is a way to fix that damn rubber surround so it dont keep breaking on hard launch. I only got a 1600 at moment but broke 3 of em with my 2L mainly because I launched at 3000rpm on a set of A-509 and it didnt spin the wheels or bog down. Gene any fixes??

I have seen ones in the TX manual that have a steel bolt through em but not sure if this is best idea.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: GENE??? Breaking Torque Tubes?? Reply with quote

david cox?? i think it was him told me a way to fix it buy cuting out the rubber mounts and packing it with a more sold rubber.
i never got around to trying it tho

i had my worked g180, for over 2 years and thrashed the ass of it all day every day and only ever broke one tube, drive it right and it shouldnt brake. and yes i launched it all the time, ie 3-4000rpm dumping teh clutch.

if ya haveing troubles i can try find out they way of fixing that rubber of david (if it was him)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: