HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fast Gem --(John)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 5:20 am    Post subject: Fast Gem --(John) Reply with quote

What mods should i preform to my gem i dont have a problem with cash but i would like to keep it in a resnable price
just a single webber what sort cam what sort ???
anything else
what sort of power does a hottish gem make ???
and what times do they do ????
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Gem --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I would have to suggest buying a 2.0 litre as a base for modifications, mods will cost the same but you will make 25% more power in theory, and in practice most of the time too.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Gem --(Bob, Your Uncle) Reply with quote

What other engine transplants are viable for the gemini? in terms of cost, fitting, and performance? The 2.0L sounds good, where abouts should i look to get one? from what car? and at what price? I'm looking at spending a fair amount on the car(compared to the cost price) on my 1.6L TD, probably a budget of $5000 to $6000. (No rotes please! petrol costs enough as it is!!)

Bob
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Gem --(john) Reply with quote

u can get a sr20det turbo for about 1500 with box and the computer cost about 900
intercooler about 400

thats about 140kw at normal boost
wind it up a bit and u get 180
ushould have trouble with enginers reports ect
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Gem --(Bob, Your Uncle) Reply with quote

Sounds good, what about fitting these? i'm guessing it's not a straight bolt in? I'd prefer to get it done professionally, if i'd be spending that much.

for $2800 sounds like a good deal, now for the handling mods, i'd hate to imagine what the handling would be like with this kind of power? can you guys recommend anything in this area?

And, John, are you saying it would be hard to get an engineers report? Insurance could be a major prob as well, as all insurance has previously been on my Fathers record. And with something like this, i'd think i'd rather something more than 3rd Party/theft/fire

Bob
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Gem --(Dustin) Reply with quote

sorry i meant it is easy to get and enginers report
as i have been to see one
brakes didnt need to be upgraded as the weight is about the same
Vist www.japanesemotorsport.com.au
for actual prices

take the car to pedders and they will fix the handling side of things
i think there is a bit of fucking around to get the mounts to fit
but it can be done
FJ20 have been fitted to gems and they can run 11 sec
www.fullboost.com.au
i am currently thinking along the same lines
and am aiming at a budget of $5000
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: