HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How Do You.............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
76gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: How Do You............. Reply with quote

Were and how do people hide there engine bay wiring info would be great thanx

Nate
crazy n disturbed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do You............. Reply with quote

im guessin they hide it inside the guards, not really ne where else u can hide it
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do You............. Reply with quote

i would rather my wiring in the bay but if you going for the full show look you can weld covers over the wiring
in the guard so it looks like there is no wiring at all
hope that makes sense
76gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do You............. Reply with quote

nah it does what weld brackets in the guard you reckon if thats what you think thats sounds good to me thanx heaps

nate
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do You............. Reply with quote

i have all my wiring hidden under the guards, u take the guards off and get some of the small tags that hold the wiring under the dash off a wreck and weld them to under the wheel arches ( i used about 5 on each side ) then have to drill small new hole for where u want the wiring to lead to the dizzy and things, u can put the starter motor wire through an early model heater hose hole if ur afer all wiring gone, and need a fairly large hole saw to drill holes near the A pillares for the wiring to feed into the cabing so the original rubber seal fits in and weld up the old holes in the corner of the engine bay .

i have all my engine bay smooted to, lot of work so if ur in a rush i wouldnt bother also have trouble finding faults in the wiring if anything goes wrong (harder to get to), u bolt the alternator regulator under the battery upside down and i mounted the coil low on a chassis rail

sorry for the long post hope it helps u .
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: How Do You............. Reply with quote

Get some kinda sorta like -sprinkler hose- stuff.

Its got kinks like a bendy straw but it works nice and snuggly.
Hones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: