HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stupid question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: stupid question Reply with quote

as it says ull probly think im a lost cunt but yeah u gota learn somhow rocker cover gasket do u put like any silicone or anything on im replacing the rocker cover and got new gasket and shit
crazy n disturbed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote

firstly i think ur refering to the tappic cover, and are u using a rubber one? cos if u r, chuck it out n go n get a cork one, all the rubber ones are is a pain in the ass, all u should do is unbolt it remove the other gaskit n shit, clean it up then put in ur new gaskit in and bolt it back on. simple as, well its simple if ur using a cork gaskit, it too me like 4 weeks of fucken round to get my rubber one to seal n it still leaks so yea just use a cork one.

matt
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote

actually i think hes refering to a TAPPET cover
wagonnnne
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote

hahaha good one baycey!! Smile
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote

You can use a bit of high temp silicone if nothing more than to hold the bloody thing in place while its fitted.
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote

As said above do not use rubber rocker cover gaskets as they never seal properly. Use a cork one and put a thin coat of silastic on either side before fitting, this allows for any warping or inperfections in the rocker cover or the upper part of the head where the cover sits.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote

i done it b4 so yeah cheers boys i had a cork one yeah and yeah was no biggie just wanten to make sure like i thought u didnt need to but wanted to make sure rather than fuck it up and potentialy my gem

once again cheers
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote

soak the cork gasket in the bath first to make it expand a bit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: