HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: seats Reply with quote

what seats do you people recommend. i was thinking buckets from a s5 rx7, does anyone know if the fit without much fuckin around?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: seats Reply with quote

As long as the seats are physically close enough in size to get them to fit in the car its not a problem.

Grab a welder and make up your own brackets, pretty easy to do if you plan it out beforehand and take your time.

I used a stick welder to do my seats and it worked fine. Just made an adaptor bracket that connected the gemini rails to the seat base.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: seats Reply with quote

Soop, did you then get the complianced? Just wondering if welding up a bracket on your own is then going to create troubles getting the seats complianced.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: lantra seats Reply with quote

i can get some for 110. do u think they would fit?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: seats Reply with quote

I havent gotten them complianced yet since my car isn't on the road but I think as long as you use high tensile steel and high tensile bolts and do proper welds everything should be fine.

I got mine welded up by a mate who is a welder by trade and he just used a stick and it came out great. Very very solid and very neat.

I used 25 mm square tube (high tensile) and 5 flat bar to make brakets and bolted them to the original mounts on the seat with high tensile bolts. Finally we welded the old gemi runners to the brackets. Seats bolt into the car solid as they did originally Smile
TG KRUZER
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: seatsHONDA CRX Reply with quote

i got honda crx seats in mine they look like bucket seats but are a stock car seat .. cumffyyy as 2
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: seats Reply with quote

I think you'll find that the lantra ones are to wide
also see how much your local motor trimers charge mine only
charge $110 to make the brackets and fit the seats and they
are also complient
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: