HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lost power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msmith
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Lost power Reply with quote

First off i know nothing about cars.
I finally got the advanced vacuum diaphragm replaced in my RB gemini. Anyway now the car feels way different, I am not sure if the AVD has even ever been working since I bought the car. It feels like that it has lost any power it once had. I can put my foot flat down in 3rd and nothing will happen at all until the car gets moving a bit. Its like all the power is gone completely but maybe its meant to be like this, as I said I dont think the part has ever been working. But still I don't see why, maybe the guy did a shit job of tuning it. The RB 4xc1 engine is 1.5 litre, am I correct?
Anyway I dont know why it should have no acceleration at all now, it used to be decent for a small car. Can anyone explain why this would happen?
Thanks
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost power Reply with quote

Get the ignition timing checked and advanced if required, carby mixtures adjusted and set as well. all i can think of.

cheers
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lost power Reply with quote

Yeah the RB Gemini engine is a 1.5 Litre. I know this because i have one. We are a dieing breed us RB Boys.. lol

Cheers
TuFf
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lost power Reply with quote

does your vac advance have a little one way valve inbetween the dizzy and your inlet manifold? if so make sure its the right way around, u can test to see if yor vac advance holds vacume by sucking on it

yep, sometimes you gotta suck a little bit to get ahead (of traffic)
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost power Reply with quote

i know how to fix it... put a weber or 2 on it.
workedTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Lost power Reply with quote

just a thought but my gem did that when i first got it and i found the problem... the the primary and secondry jet were openening and closing at the same time creating i huge dead spot...

just a thought Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: