HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

carby probs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: carby probs Reply with quote

i have sum trouble with my car - when i put my foot down 2 take of it is real sugglish like my carby isnt feeding enuff fuel or sumthing.But once i start reving the shit out of it its fine.??? n e ideas on what the problem could be or where the blockige could b exactly? oh and how can i get the carby off without takin the manifold off i cant get a spanner in 2 get 2 the nut closest 2 the windscreen on the block side. i tried 2 take the manifold off and i couldnt get the bottom studs out but i got the nuts of but without takin the bottom studs out the brake booster gets in the way! n e help would b greatly appreciated.
oh and its the standard nikki carby.
thanx
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: carby probs Reply with quote

get some carby cleaner from autobarn or wherever and spray it in the carby and rev the car at the same time, u will probably find that shitloads of black smoke will come out the back. try some wynn's spit fire too.
hope that helps
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: carby probs Reply with quote

yeah but dont spray the shit down the throats like people do, spray it in the FLOAT CHAMBER VENT so it actually cleans the jets n shit
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: carby probs Reply with quote

already dun that! didnt help that much but it hepled a little. i got a oxy bent spanner of my uncle(hes a mechanic)so i can get 2 nuts at the base plate 2 have a better look at the carby c if theres n e shit in there.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: carby probs Reply with quote

to get the carby off u need a cheep spanner cut to size so you can undo those bolts that are a bitch to get to, once the carbys off you could pull it apart and give it a good clean but while your at it you may aswell buy a carby rebuild kit for like $35.
or try and get another carby off a wreck
cheers
kizza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: