HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

injetced turbo or carby ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

ne way for power and dollars whats a better combination a 2liter injected turbo or a 2liter blow through turbo. keep in mind no matter which one is better i still have to purchase the whole setup.

just curious pyr0
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

bang for buck, carbi blow threw.
david cox is runing mid 13's on a 1600 suck threw
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

thanks for a minute after posting that post i was worried about getting all the usual replies " use the search button" and i dunno i just wanted to post something.

thanks Gene
pyr0
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

well, look at it this way, carbi all u need is the carby. where as EFI, u need all the injuction, and a computer, theres a extra $1000, plue u will need it installed if u dont know how andother $400 and then dyno tuned another $400

if i hadnt gone the fj20 i would DEFFINALY gone blow threw on a g180 or g200
Very Happy
hope it helps gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

However do you want good drivability and fuel economy?

Carby turbos are harder to tune and obviously eat more fuel, I'm not saying that you shouldn't expect to use little fuel on a turbo car but carby turbos will eat more.

Just for mostly track car carby turbo seems like a great idea. For the street I'd save some more money and go injected.
bluedevil
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: hey gene: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

what carby is he running david cox that is and how big a intercooler
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: hey gene: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

he is runing a suck threw, u cant run a intercooler on a suckthrew systm.
im not sure what carbi, i think its a twin throught solex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: hey gene: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

he was running a 45 DCOE webber, he swapped that car for a nissan SSS a few months ago though
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: hey gene: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

hows his coupe coming?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: hey gene: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

still coming along i think havent seen him in a while, hes got a 2.3ltr thats going in it instead of the piazza motor
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: injetced turbo or carby ?? Reply with quote

The only prob in running a turbo through the carby is the fact that you will blow up the carby faster! But on the good side you can pick up a new carby cheep

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: