HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stoopid rb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBs r RBs
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: stoopid rb Reply with quote

Hey yall. i just recently got an rb gem(actually my mum got it for me :p ) and i have to say i really love it. except of course for the fact that it just has no balls. thats y im postin this. i was just wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any engines that can bolt straight into an rb. theres the 4xc1-t but that needs a whole new fuel system. i read about the 4zd1 but does that fit in an rb? ive only seen it done to older models. otherwise what would you recommend to give it a little (or alot) more go power???
Cheers
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: stoopid rb Reply with quote

get an import engine for an rb from japan...i think rb's came out turbo over there!? not sure but that will give you more power.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: stoopid rb Reply with quote

the 4XC1-t is the turbo model from Japan. Thats the only one that i know of that will bolt into an RB. The tubbed engine is from a JP gemini i think.

pete
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: stoopid is, stoopid does sir Reply with quote

hey mate, the 4XE1 would require a new fuel system as it is efi, probably have to get a brake upgrade as well, but hot4's tells me that the engine itself is a bolt-in fit, $800 or so from an import wreckers
RBs r RBs
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: stoopid is, stoopid does sir Reply with quote

ok kool, u dont remember if thats the 1.6 or 2.6 or whether the 4xe1 turbo bolts straight in as well do you?
and is a new fuel system a real b!tch, like real expensive or anything?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: stoopid is, stoopid does sir Reply with quote

itd either be a 1.6 or a 1.8, in any event its out of the later model (jt?) that didnt reach our shores, im planning on going it when i have some funds plus some spare time. youd have to check with gene etc., but i dare say youd need bigger fuel lines, surge tank etc etc, so thered be a bit of money involved. keep me posted if you end up going through with it.

cheers, goons aka 86sle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: