HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wat clutch are you guys running???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YLD GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

hey,

just wondering how many of you guys have changed ya clutch? and if so did ya put the normal one back in or go for a heavy duty?

I have a G200 and am looking for a larger than standard clutch that doesnt cost too much, does anyone have any suggestions??

Oh and if anyone can recommend a place in melb that would be great!!

Cheers,

Shane
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

if you are in brisbane there is a place at albion that modifies clutches, i.e: gives it more clamping pressure. They also reline clutches and everything for a good price, i cant remember the name of the place but i can find out tomorrow.
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

sorry didn't read the whole post, im sure if you rung around there has to be a place that can do simmilar mods to a gemi clutch.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

go to autobarn and get them to get u one from daikin. they make a heavy duty one for about $160, all u have to do then is get someone to put it in. Daikin also makes clutches to order, so if u want something heavier they could make it.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

just to be a smart ass, im runnign a heavey duty 4ton clutch Wink lol
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

I hope your left leg is disproportionately large compared to your right one. haha
Ive only got a 3300LB ceramic solid centre one.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

hehe, its fcukng hard to push!! the hydrolic set up makes it easyer tho
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat clutch are you guys running??? Reply with quote

yeah i was gonna say........hey anyone with a heavyer clutch ----> do u have any problem with breakin clutch cables??? even tho ive greased the at the leaver point on the pedal everytime ive put a new one in....ive still broken 3 in the last year, an its really startin to shit me. the only place they break for me is up on the pedal on the cast part, so it has to be wear an tear on them!!! considering i do about 1200-1500 kms of city drivin a week i think that might be y.... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: