HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

engine info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geminice
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: engine info Reply with quote

i just bought a tg gemmy and i wanna know wat size engine it has. ive looked on the side of the block but i cant see anything. my mate rekons it is an g180 coz he says his td engine looked smaller in his and his was a g161. amy help would be appreciated. its a tg sl 4 speed manual.
phil
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: engine info Reply with quote

G161 they all used the same motor just the older ones were better.
geminice
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: engine info Reply with quote

thanx mate. so the td engines were better than say the tf tg?? are they made any different?
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: engine info Reply with quote

the g161 and g180 engines are identical in looks. the way to see whether it is a g180 is to look on the side of the block (i think on the left hand side of the engine facing the front of the car) half way down the block (almost near the engine mounts) it will either say g180 or g161.

cheers

Dave
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: engine info Reply with quote

The G180 and G200 have their engine stamp on the left hand side. G161 is under the inlet manifold on the right hand side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: