HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Buying a gemini for first car! need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quick48u
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Buying a gemini for first car! need help Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Great site and forum you have here. In the next month or 2 i will be purchasing my first car. A gemini sedan or panelvan. One of the first things i want to do is convert the engine to the g200. Is this the way to go for a cheap engine conversion that will increase power.

I have 2500 to buy the car. Should i spend all of that on the car then save for mods or buy a cheaper gem and mod with the left over plus extra??

How much would a new paint job cost. Something simple not anything fancy.

One more thing is handling, the reason im getting a gemini is for the handling. Is there much difference between the panno and the sedan in handling??? I cant decide which one to choose.

Thankyou for any help that you can give me.

Ash

p.s im from melbourne
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a gemini for first car! need help Reply with quote

to bad your in melbourn. i have a pritty god g200 wagon in brisbane for $2000-$2500. (u could ship it down for about $600 Wink)
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a gemini for first car! need help Reply with quote

have ya got any pics of it?? Thats problly out of the question! how much did it cost to get the engine and install it?? How does the wagon handle compared to the sedan or just whateva. I love the idea of a panno. the space and everything. Is the power good?? compared to the 1.6?? any info would be great!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a gemini for first car! need help Reply with quote

straight bolt it. handels the same, this one handels beter tho (handels better than my nissan silvia to be honest). it has oversized bilesin front rally shocks, camper kit, and custom LSD. its mildly worked. and prity ballsy. heaps of other bits and pieces

http://groups.msn.com/geminifever/newestgallery.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=153
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a gemini for first car! need help Reply with quote

cool.

anyone answers to my question from other people would be great, i understand that ur all probly busy
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a gemini for first car! need help Reply with quote

Gene howcome you dont use that LSD on your coupe?
quick48u
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a gemini for first car! need help Reply with quote

can anyone give me some ideas on the cost involved to do a conversion to the g200 engine??? also how much would a paint job cost, just a simple one color thats pretty cheap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: