HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

NOO MOTOR :D:D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: NOO MOTOR :D:D Reply with quote

how do you think this will go? ...horsepower wise

g180 with 2l crank & rods, balanced, all acl bearings n shit, small chamber head, shaved, ported (2-3mm from bowl and runners) comp about 9.5:1

only has a 30/70 cam and 32/36 weber on ported manifold at the moment..

and also, aprox how much xtra hp would a 40/70 cam and twin 40mm's give??

thanxx
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NOO MOTOR :D:D Reply with quote

how does it go with the 30/70 cam at the moment? is it too big?
I think u should be able to put the comp up to about 10.1 and run it on optimax before it will ping.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NOO MOTOR :D:D Reply with quote

pumpin the cam up to 40/70 and sticking on the twin 40's will kill the bottom end power completely, it wont be movin till at least 3 grand Smile
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: NOO MOTOR :D:D Reply with quote

The motor i took out was a 1.8 bored to 2l with the same sorta head but with a bit lower comp. and the cam wasnt big enough. i was going to get the comp up to 9.8:1 but i cant be stuffed finding a bp every time i need to re fuel. ive been told opitmax isnt too good for n/a motors, its better for turbos cars, but to use "BP ultimate" instead...

but yeah the cylinder walls were too thin and it boiled everytime i sat still for too long. and cyl 1 & 3 had big scratches in them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: