HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATT: Gold TX Sleeper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: ATT: Gold TX Sleeper Reply with quote

i just got a reply from steve the owner of redcliff dyno who dynoed the supra/gemini about 3 months ago

"It was 345hp at the tyres, at 21 pounds of boost."

thats 265rwkw!!!!
not bad Very Happy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: ATT: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

Not too FU%$#ing shabby at all, i assumed it would've been around the 350hp mark. I thought it may have been between 350-400 due to the wheelspin you were talking about, as it's bassically wasted horsepower not being transferred to the ground. Is he intending on doing anything to get it to bite harder off the mark (diff, tyres, springs, suction caps, superglue etc.) ? Were the 11 sec 1/4's obtained using slicks or a street trim set-up ? And did he run the 1.5 bar of boost on the track or more ?
Those dudes down at Redcliffe Dyno seem to be pretty on the ball, did they sort the car out originally coz this is about the 8th freak of nature i've heard of them playing with. If i ever decide to go ballistic on a car, i'll definately be giving them my keys.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: ATT: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

putting out that sort of power you would think it would have ran 10s, after all look a spries, same power and its running mid 10's.

so what engine does this redcliffe car run?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: ATT: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

clevland v8 i think?? duno, im not to knolaged on v8s lol

yeah it has potential to run high 9's if he could get traction. he runs it on 21psi all day everyday. hes never run it on slicks, just 205/60/14 street tyres. dunno if he is gonna be doing anything in the ways of getting power to the ground, i think he likes it like that, if u know what i mean;) LOL
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: ATT: Gene FJ20DET Reply with quote

Yer it is a Clevland, but its stroke, to what i was told,

is a 377ci with big carb/s, gasser,

he was at the test and tune last saturday nite, he painted it red, no flames this time

ran high 8's i think

as for that Gemini, i heard he got toasted by a Celica (15PSI)

regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: